Camp Kirkwood

The sixth graders of DA had a fun week at Camp Kirkwood. First we were going into Hurricane Idalia so that was fun… The bus ride to Camp Kirkwood was an amazing ride of kids screaming the whole way. Music to my ears. When we got there we carried each other’s bags to the pavilion (team work makes the dream work). We got settled in our assigned cabins. And then the moment I’ve been waiting for. Lunch.  

The best activity was the V swing . You classmates would haul you in the air. Then you would pull a rope that would drop you. Because of um physics you would go in a circular motion and slowly reach the ground. It was so much fun hearing everyone scream when they pulled the rope.  

Another great activity was Kanga jump. You and your classmates would jump on a blob together trying to push each other off. There were also card games in case you got bored of bouncing around. I played apples to apples where you put the most random card with a card that doesn’t relate whatsoever, because why not. In conclusion it was a pretty great trip. Shout out to the staff who were extremely flexible because of the hurricane.